Weller's Pharmacy

Franklin Pierce Weller was a long serving druggist on Capitol Hill, starting in the 1890s, operating his business for several decades. During the early eighties he served as a pharmacist in the United States Navy on board the U. S. S. Galena. Upon his retirement from the Navy he engaged in private practice and opened a drug store in Washington at 755 Eighth Street, SE which has been a landmark for a generation.

 


He served in the hospital corps of the District National Guard for 27 years. He was a member of the Metropolitan Presbyterian Church, of the De Molay Commandery, Knights Templar, and St. John’s Lodge, F. A. A. M.
 

Please reload

Featured Posts


Between 1865 and 1867 Charles Gessford and Stephen Flanagan partnered in building 16 attached row houses on 11th Street, SE (132-144 Eleventh Street,...

Philadelphia Row on Capitol Hill

December 18, 2017

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts

January 26, 2020

September 12, 2018

Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2020 N&M House Detectives: Unlocking History, Washington, DC

nmhousedetectives@gmail.com

All rights reserved

  • Facebook Clean